Skip to main content
What blockchain does DESK use?
- DESK is an ERC-20 token that runs on Polygon, a sidechain, or parallel network, to Ethereum.
- The DESK system is 100% gasless, meaning you don’t need to purchase and hold Polygon’s native token (MATIC) to cover the transaction fees like how it is on most Web3 sites.
- Instead, CoinDesk absorbs those costs to offer our audience an elevated experience.
- We use Polygon because the transaction fees are significantly lower than other chains, such as Ethereum’s mainnet.
- Polygon is also meaningfully greener than other chains, a value DESK aligns with as purpose-driven tech.